Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Simple Math

In yesterday's blog I mentioned how I've been down about home ownership lately. This is actually an understatement. What I actually feel is regret and dread. I mentioned the other night to some friends how I feel like it's been the biggest regret of my life. I knew going into the process that owning a home isn't easy and that it's a constant work in progress with many ups and downs over the course of your ownership. Property tax increases, various building associated extras, the possibility of having to replace our furnace, and the needed repairs around the condo are all adding up to my feeling of dread.

I've made up my mind (without consulting Adam) that as soon as our mortgage permits I want to put it on the market. Unfortunately that isn't for three more years. Thankfully I think Adam agrees with me on this. As gun ho as he was to buy I think he's realizing how much it entails and how much he'd rather rent if we decide to stay in Chicago (that's another blog for another time.) So, I've told myself that for the next three years I must make the best of our home. While I'm unhappy with owning I am not unhappy with our home itself. We are comfortable here and I'll make the most of the time I live here.

1 comment:

  1. There are lots of rentals in Charlotte... so you will have no problem!

    ReplyDelete