Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Right Stuff - The Finale

Once those stents were out I began to follow the signs of healing that the PA had told me about. Slowly my sense of smell and taste would come back and even though it would feel like I had a really bad cold, that too would slowly abate.

A and I had plans with some friends of ours to try out a new sushi place by our house on Friday night and I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to taste any of the rolls. So I was happy when I slowly began to taste things again as Friday wore on. When we got to the restaurant I couldn't wait for the rolls to come. After eating about two or three I started to get a weird feeling so I opted to just stop. About 15 minutes later I got that feeling in my stomach. I made my way to the bathroom where I...well, you know. I couldn't figure it out and was hoping it was just a mixture of things and that it was a one time event. We soon made our way home in the freezing temps and with my stomach doing all sorts of weird things. I collapsed into bed feeling awful. Sometime in the middle of the night I awoke to that feeling again and proceeded to spend about 30 minutes in the bathroom hugging the toilet. "This can't be happening" I thought..."you're still trying to get over this damn surgery." Oh and I should mention that when one vomits it pulls on ALL the muscles in your face, so the ones in my nose that were already sore hurt even MORE.

Saturday morning came with horrible stomach pains and aches all over. A had to leave to go to work and I spent the majority of the day in bed sleeping. While I managed to keep whatever was left inside of me I still felt awful all day. Around dinner time I was able to keep some chicken broth down and also did my first sinus cleanse of the day, not caring that I was supposed to do three by that point. So, my nose was also very raw. After accomplishing all of this I took another dose of Theraflu and went to bed.

I awoke this morning not so achy but still a little off. I think my nose is finally on the upswing and I plan to take it easy all day again. There's the entire Golden Girls series on DVD that's calling my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment