Friday, September 3, 2010

I Don't Understand How A Thermos Keeps Things Both Hot And Cold

Day 2

I got up early and hit the gym so that I could run before it got too hot and humid. After a quick work out I managed to run on the outside jogging track even though it was crowded with a large number of Asian travellers who had no concept of personal space. "Excuse me" and "On your right" were useless words that I uttered time and time again to no avail.

After my run I grabbed a quick bite to eat and then hit the Solarium (adults only) pool before it got too crowded. This pool usually fills up quickly on all ships so it's important to get there early because people will camp out on their chair ALL day so as to not lose a spot. I think I only got out of my chair to get in the pool a few times, eat lunch, and use the bathroom once or twice. My friend joined me around noon and we met a very nice couple, Richard & Andrea. We ended up talking with them the entire afternoon while we soaked up the sun and a few strawberry margarita's.

That evening we met back up with our new friends and ate a nice dinner in the buffet with them. After dinner we went to grab some drinks. At some point in the evening my friend was smart and went to bed. I should have done what he did.  I discovered this evening that Kettle One vodka has no vodka taste and for reasons unknown I took this as an excuse to drink copious amounts of vodka & soda until the wee hours of the morning. Oh, and two mojitos were thrown in there for good measure. I also made friends with a guy who was travelling by himself as a gift from his aunt before he shipped off to Afghanistan in November. He was trying very hard to get laid from almost any girl who'd be willing. It was funny to watch him in action and even funnier to hear some of the stuff that came out of his mouth. When I finally went back to the stateroom at around 3am my friend and I apparently had a 20 minute conversation that I still have no recollection of.

No comments:

Post a Comment