Wednesday, September 22, 2010

You're Mean

I'm a binge eater. There, I said it.

One of the things I wanted to work on when I quit smoking was my eating habits. I had started running and felt that a healthier diet would be a good compliment to exercise. From breakfast to dinner I started to make better choices both at home and while I was travelling. I ate a lot of fruit and veggies and started watching what foods had high amounts of sugar so as to avoid as much of that as I could. For the most part I was very good...going so far as not eating past 8pm. After a few weeks I started to notice good results from my new eating habits and was encouraged to keep up the good work.

There was one area where I did not succeed. I would and still do binge on food. Usually it happens when I am bored at work or home. A "snack" for me isn't one apple or a late night bowl of cereal, it's two or three bowls of cereal, a handful of pretzels, and a couple of Popsicles. This doesn't really help one's diet.

So I've mad a vow to myself to control my eating habits.  After all, I'm really not hungry when I binge so in theory it shouldn't be that hard, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment