Tuesday, September 7, 2010

You Set Me Free

Day 5

For the second time this summer I found myself in San Juan. Being that I've always had a thing for Latin men this really didn't bother me in the slightest but then again I didn't get off the ship at all. Since it was once again an empty boat I had my pick of deck chairs and proceeded with my plan to get a nice, dark tan.

In the early afternoon people started arriving back on board. We had an early departure that day and as the ship embarked the front (where I was laying) filled up. At the same time a VERY attractive, well-built man started running on the outdoor jogging track on the same deck. I noticed that I wasn't the only one that was staring at him. Two other guys were pretending to take pictures of Old San Juan but in reality were snapping pics of the hot guy running. They thought no one realized what they were doing but I was onto their little project. After we had gone out to sea I approached them and asked "did you get a pic of the scenery?" They were immediately embarrassed and just laughed.

After a quick bit to eat I decided to find a less busy area to lay out and chose Deck 13. Deck 13 consists of a small area of deck chairs on top of one of the pool bars. There wasn't much room but I found a spot and quickly shut my eyes. After about fifteen minutes I went to flip over and realized that I was laying in the speedo zone. I was the only one who didn't have on a speedo. Feeling a little out of place and a little grossed out I gathered my stuff together and left.

When I got back to my room I was dismayed to see that no matter how much sunscreen I put on I was getting red instead of brown. Apparently my near continuous application of SPF 15 was fruitless. Talk about annoyed. The sunset run I took that evening made up for my irritation. I had one of my best runs and got to see a gorgeous sunset.

Remember my comment about the kids from the first day? I learned from a bartender that night that there were approx. 1000 children on board. On the very next cruise, only 100. What bad timing on my part.

No comments:

Post a Comment