Thursday, November 4, 2010

A Landslide

My job provides me with a lot of time in airports. Sometimes this can be bad and other times it can be entertaining. From the security line to the boarding door I’ve seen people have melt downs of epic proportions, angry tirades that have resulted in an arrest, and even a knock down drag out fist fight. I’ve also seen a marriage proposal, a reunion of a returning soldier and his family, and the faces of children with special needs heading off to Disney.

This career really is a study in people. In the airport and on the plane I interact with a wide range of people everyday. There’s just something about an airport that makes some people lose all common sense. Often times I want to ask some of these people “How have you made it through life?” It seems as if it’s impossible that they could have ever lived to be an adult without a tragic accident due to their lack of common sense. All I can do is sit back and laugh in amazement and feel glad that I only have to be with them for a short time. I have no idea what I’d do if I had to interact with them on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment